Welcome to the best way to heat with wood!
SAVES MONEY – Wood is one of the most inexpensive fuel sources available. It is usually sourced locally and is often free. The ability to heat multiple buildings and water with wood can virtually eliminate your heating bills. Conventional heat sources like fuel oil, propane and natural gas will always be susceptible to price fluctuations and are irreplaceable fossil fuels.
PEACE OF MIND – Outside burning removes the threat of devastating chimney fires, dangerous carbon monoxide or oxygen depletion. It also eliminates the smoke, ashes, odors and soot buildup on walls and ceilings inside your home that indoor burning creates.
FREEDOM TO DO MORE – Those that choose to heat with wood often do so because of cost savings. With a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace, it can take less wood to heat more space, so no matter what your costs and time associated with acquiring your wood supply, using less wood means you’ll have more time (plus save more money!) to do other things.
Independent Power is Maine’s oldest Central Boiler dealer serving customers all across the state. Contact us to learn more.
Central Boiler’s newest model line, the Classic Edge is the perfect combination of value and performance. It’s also easy to operate and maintain.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to Perform - With innovative features like a patented air charge tube that adds air in all the right places while keeping the coal bed from falling through, to the patent-pending vertical heat exchanger that optimizes heat transfer, the Classic Edge is the perfect combination of performance and value.
- Easy to Operate - With Central Boiler's FireStar II electronic controller optimizing the gasification process, the Classic Edge is one of the easiest ways to heat with wood.
- Higher Efficiency - Fire burns down through the Fusion Combustor where extremely high temperatures aid in complete combustion, resulting in high efficiency and extremely low emissions.
- Less Maintenance – The vertical heat exchanger optimizes heat transfer and requires little maintenance. Heat exchanger includes integrated cleaning system and, if needed, a removable access plate, a Classic Edge exclusive.
- Burns Less Wood - A hallmark of Central Boiler furnaces for over 30 years, spray-on urethane foam is the ultimate airtight, waterproof insulation that locks the heat in to reduce wood usage, even at the coldest temperatures.
- TITANIUM SERIES Models Available - Titanium Series models offer the same features and benefits of non-stainless models with the added benefit of a stainless steel firebox assembly. Provides superior firebox corrosion resistance; Allows for longer burn times; Extends life of the furnace; Adding the proper water treatment BEFORE adding water to the system is critical for stainless furnaces. Be sure to review the Owner's Manual and Warranty/Registration for requirements.
The E-Classic leads the industry in performance and features. With thousands in operation across the country, the E-Classic has been saving families countless dollars on their heating bills for years. If you’re looking for an outdoor wood boiler packed with features, be sure to take a close look at what an E-Classic has to offer.
Features and Benefits
- Charge Tube - Crossfire air system adds preheated air in all the right places around the base of the fire. As the wood begins to gasify, the gases are added to the extremely hot oxygen from the patent-pending Charge Tube. This starts the secondary combustion process.
- Large Reaction Chamber - Final combustion takes place as these gases move downward to the Reaction Chamber. Temperatures exceed 2000°F, resulting in very complete combustion.
- Urethane Spray Foam Insulation - This insulation provides a 100% airtight, waterproof seal around the water jacket which makes your wood pile last longer.
- High Capacity Water Jacket - provides a balance between firebox volume and water capacity for optimum performance and safety.
- Triple Insulated Firebox Door - Is just the right height and features a large opening for easy loading, making your job much easier. The ergonomically designed, lockable door features a Cam Loc door closure that secures the door at all four corners and provides a tight seal each time the door is closed.
- Bypass Door - Allows you to redirect the exhaust before opening the firebox door. The Bypass Door Alarm reminds you to close the bypass door after you have closed the firebox door for efficient operation of your furnace.
- LED Lights (Photo Electronic Controlled) - The long-lasting, energy efficient LED night lights save money and enhance safety. They illuminate the inside of the firebox and the front and sides of the outdoor furnace and can be set to conveniently, automatically turn on at night.
- Xtract® Heat Exchanger - Allows you to get the most heat out of your wood. It is designed to optimize the transfer of heat from the extremely hot gases to the water. The vertical design of the heat exchanger minimizes the amount of maintenance.
- FireStar II Electronic Controller - Optimizes the gasification process by automatically adjusting the primary and secondary air. This allows for a cleaner and more efficient burn.
- Insulated Rear Access Panel - Gives you full access to the Reaction Chamber door, power disconnect and pumps, all from one location.
Stay connected to the furnace that saves you money on your heating bill from almost anywhere in the world. Adding the optional FireStar XP wi-fi module keeps you in constant contact with your Central Boiler furnace. Not only will you get up-to-the-minute information, but you can also see how your furnace has been operating over a period of time. With a little experience you’ll learn how factors like heat load, weather conditions, wood quality and proper maintenance can affect its operation. That can help you optimize the operation of your furnace.
- View water and Reaction Chamber™ temperatures, burn time and furnace mode in real-time with the easy to read interface on your iPhone or other web-enabled device.
- View performance and operational data charts and graphs over a given period of time.
- Choose to have text or emails sent to most any web-enabled device.
- Compatible with any Classic Edge or E-Classic outdoor furnace.
HOW IT WORKS
Central Boiler outdoor furnaces are located outside, typically 30 to 50 feet (but as far as 500 feet) away from your home or business, and works with any existing heating system. A water jacket surrounds the furnace firebox and heat exchanger. Heated water is circulated to the home or building through insulated underground pipes. Water-to-air or water-to-water heat exchangers or direct circulation conveys the heat into the structure’s forced-air furnace, boiler or radiant floor heating system. This allows for normal thermostatic control for safe, even, clean and comfortable heat.
Some models have multiple tappings so that you can not only hook up your home or business but you can also run a line from the wood boiler to other areas you’d like to heat such as the garage, workshop, a greenhouse or swimming pool.
Your installation begins with ThermoPEX insulated piping. ThermoPEX consists of two 1-inch oxygen barrier Central PEX pipes (supply and return) that are insulated with high-density urethane insulation and thick, durable, waterproof, UV-protected polyethylene outer jacket. ThermoPEX only needs a narrow trench for installation.
ThermoPEX saves energy and maximizes efficiency. Heat loss is virtually unmeasurable, less than 1 degree F over 100 feet. Greater system efficiency maximizes the delivery of heat from each pound of wood.
PARTS & ACCESSORIES
There is no need to run around looking for parts to hook up your system. We carry a complete selection of parts and accessories to simplify the installation and maintenance of your system.
If you already own a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace, we have all the parts you need to add on to your system. We have ThermoPEX underground piping so you can add a line to another building, Central Pex tubing for inside the house, space heaters for the garage or basement, heat exchangers and plenty of fittings.
DIY Project – The installation is easier than you might think and can be completed in about a day using the installation manual. We provide a customized hookup kit for the do-it-yourselfer that includes all of the materials you need to get from the outdoor wood boiler into your home. And to make it even easier, we’ll give you lots of expert technical advice along the way.
Hire a Contractor – You’re welcome to use your own contractor to do the installation. Or we can refer an installer we know. We’ll make it quick and easy for your installer by providing you with a customized hook up kit that saves him time on the installation and saves you money. We’re always available to answer any technical questions your installer may have.
The Maine Department of Environmental Protection adopted rules in 2007 related to outdoor wood boilers. Chapter 150 establishes requirements for emission standards, siting criteria and labeling for all outdoor wood boilers.
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
Routine maintenance is essential to the proper operation and longevity of your Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace. We stock plenty of maintenance items like door seal kits, blower fans, solenoids, rust inhibitor, ashtrol and water test kits. And we give plenty of free advice on how to care for your boiler.
Check out these informational videos. See how easy it is to properly operate a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace.
Every situation is unique. Before we can quote a system we need to choose the proper model and size for your application. We’ll even help you figure out the amount of wood you should put up for the season. Here are a few things we need to consider:
- What do you want to heat? How well insulated is it? How much fuel is used to heat it now?
- What else do you want to heat with the boiler, now or in the future?
- What type of heating system will you be connecting to?
Once we’ve got the proper model and size nailed down, we’ll quote a system that’s right for you. Your system price will include the right boiler with a parts list customized for your specific application, plus tax and freight included... in writing. No guesswork on what your bottom line will be.
Our Central Boiler outdoor furnaces are reasonably priced and in most cases provide a quick payback. Call us, our prices are very competitive and our technical support is unmatched. Doing it right saves money, gives you a quick payback and eliminates hassles.