A Kohler® automatic standby generator system reliably protects your home from power outages – whether you’re home or away. Strong, fast and tough, Kohler generators are equipped with heavy-duty, commercial grade engines that stand up to extreme weather. Plus Kohler generators run on propane or natural gas, so there’s no refueling.
Independent Power is proud to be a Maine dealer for Kohler generators.
For 90 years, Kohler has defined the standard for standby power technology. You can trust a Kohler generator… for good reasons.
It Powers Everything – In as little as 10 seconds, it automatically powers your AC, heat, sump pump and major appliances like your fridge and oven. All at the same time. Inside every Kohler generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads.
It Protects Your Electronics – A Kohler generator creates steady, high-quality power, which means your electronics are protected from erratic power surges.
It Comes With The Best Warranty – You get our exclusive 5-year, 2,000-hour warranty protection, plus a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last (14 and 20 kW models).
How It Works
Unlike portable generators, Kohler generators start and stop automatically. So you never need an extension cord, never have to refuel, and never have to worry. Here’s why:
- The automatic transfer switch continually monitors the electricity coming from the utility.
- When the power fails or drops below an acceptable level (brownout), the generator starts automatically and the transfer switch shifts power from the utility to the generator.
- Your Kohler generator then supplies your home with electricity until the utility power is restored.
- When the utility power is restored, the transfer switch automatically transfers your power from the generator to the utility.
- Your Kohler generator automatically shuts down, ready for the next power outage. Simple as that.
While operating, your system continually monitors its own performance and will safely shut itself down should a fault occur.
Kohler generators are also programmed to perform an automatic weekly maintenance test to ensure they are in proper operating order and ready to start and run when needed.
If you’d like to find out what you need and how much it will cost, give us a call. Rick will properly size a system for you and provide you with a written quote. You’ll have plenty of questions too. Technical questions and maybe some that aren’t so technical, he’s happy to answer them all.